Join Labor Neighbor walks,
phone FUN banks to get out the vote
(Oct. 26, 2022) — Union members and their families across Washington state have their ballots for this fall’s critically important elections. Many of our freedoms are under threat: our economic freedom to have quality jobs that sustain our families, the freedom to join a union, the freedom to vote, and even our freedom to access health care and have autonomy over our own bodies. We need to make sure that union families understand what is at stake, know which candidates will protect their freedoms, and vote!
Labor Neighbor, the grassroots member-to-member political action program of the Washington State Labor Council, AFL-CIO, engages union members to inform fellow union members and their families about the candidates who earned labor’s endorsement — and why they earned it. (See the list of WSLC-endorsed candidates for the 2022 election.) The program has been active since July and helped make a difference in the Aug. 2 primary election by contacting union voters, explaining who the pro-worker candidates are, and urging members to vote.
Now, volunteers are needed for the home stretch this weekend in Bellingham, Tacoma and Federal Way. This Saturday’s neighborhood walk in Bellingham will be kicked off by Sen. Patty Murray and WSLC President Larry Brown.
TAKE A STAND — Make sure your union is represented! Volunteer for Labor Neighbor activities and urge your Union siblings and co-workers to do the same. Even if you live outside the targeted districts, you can still help in that area and/or with
phone fun banks from the comfort of your home on Wednesdays (TONIGHT!) starting at 5 p.m. In addition, there will be Fun Banks on Monday, Nov. 7 and Tuesday, Nov. 8 from 5 to 8 p.m.
Check the schedule and fill out the Labor Neighbor Volunteer Form today!
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29
- LD 42 — 10 a.m. in Bellingham — Meet at Squalicum Creek Park Shelter, 1001 Squalicum Way in Bellingham — This walk will be kicked off by Sen. Patty Murray and WSLC President Larry Brown!
- LD 26 — 10 a.m. in Tacoma — Meet at PCCLC, 3049 S. 36th St.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30
- LD 30 — 10 a.m. in Federal Way — Meet at WEA office, 32032 Weyerhaeuser Way S.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5
- CD 8 — 10 a.m. in Tukwila — Meet at Teamsters Hall, 14675 Interurban Ave. S.
- LD 10 — 10 a.m. in Mount Vernon — Meet at USW Hall, 47 Alder Lane
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6
- LD 42 — 10 a.m. in Bellingham — Meet at NWWCLC Hall, 1700 N. State St. #202