(April 29, 2016) — The Washington State Labor Council, AFL-CIO is looking for a full-time Accounting Manager — starting in mid-June — to do full charge bookkeeping and account management for the organization. The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Secretary Treasurer and the President. He or she will work directly with Accounts Payable support staff in our Seattle office and is responsible for running the day-to-day finances of the WSLC.
— Certificate or degree in Bookkeeping, Accounting, or comparable degree
— Three years experience as a full charge bookkeeper in a small to medium organization with responsibilities including:
● Completing financial statements (balance sheet and income statement)
● Quarterly reports
● Fund accounting, accruals, cost allocations, journal entries
● Financial management of federal grants
● Payroll processing
● Annual budgets in excess of $5 million
● Microsoft Excel, Access, Word
● Experience with accounting software with multiple accounts (we use Costpoint)
● Ability to work collaboratively and professionally
● Commitment to the principles and values of the labor movement.
Additional skills, education, and experience are a plus, as is prior work in a labor organization or a non-profit social justice organization. The salary range is $67,500 to $72,500 annually to start. Generous health care plan, defined benefit and optional 401(k) retirement plans, sick leave, and vacation.
The Washington State Labor Council, AFL-CIO is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace equal employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, national origin, immigration and citizen status, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit cover letter and resume to Lynne Dodson c/o Willa Hockley-Smith at WHockley-Smith@wslc.org or call 206-281-8901 x4913 for more information.
No applications will be accepted after May 31, 2016.