Celebrate Women’s History Month by attending “Women: Work and A Better Future” on Thursday. Labor leaders, workers nationwide and special musical guests will come together to share their stories and mobilize for change that supports working women and their families. The event is being hosted by the AFL-CIO with the North America’s Building Trades Union , UAW, UNITE-HERE, AFT, NEA, NDWA, SEIU, and Jobs with Justice, among others.
This coalition of unions and labor organizations will gather virtually on Thursday, March 24 at 10 a.m. Pacific time to herald the achievements of women in the workplace and in the labor movement, celebrate legislative victories for workers, and rally for further social investments as outlined in Build Back Better to support working families. You can watch it via Facebook Live here or at at the Washington State Labor Council’s page.
Labor leaders will discuss the need to build momentum for the agenda to invest in care infrastructure and to lift up the contributions of women in labor. Along with workers from diverse sectors of the labor movement this summit will feature leaders that include (but are not limited to):
● Liz Shuler, President , AFL-CIO
● Sean McGarvey – President, North America’s Building Trades Unions
● Randi Weingarten – President, American Federation of Teachers
● Mary Kay Henry – President, Service Employees International Union
● Gwen Mills – Secretary-Treasurer, UNITE HERE
● Cindy Estrada – Vice President, International Union, UAW
● April Verrett – President SEIU Local 2015
● Fatima Goss Graves – President and CEO, National Women’s Law Center
● Ai-jen Poo – Executive Director, National Domestic Workers Alliance