OLYMPIA (Oct. 19, 2021) — If you have chosen to leave your job rather than comply with your employers’ COVID-19 vaccine mandate, the Washington State Employment Security Department is teaming up with organized labor, workforce development experts and other state agencies to offer a series of virtual Reemployment Resource events. The sessions will be held on Oct. 20, Oct. 26 and Oct. 28, and will be recorded for asynchronous viewing.
The sessions will be focused not only on state employees and others affected by Gov. Jay Inslee’s vaccine mandate, but the variety of impacted industries and occupations subject to vaccine mandates across Washington state. The facilitators will direct attendees to their local unions and their individual employers for details on COBRA and other transition information specific to their job, but will also cover the following topics:
● Unemployment Insurance – basic application information
● WorkSource – resources for job search and skills upgrade
● Washington HealthPlanFinder – how to search for health insurance
● Community colleges – financial aid and types of training programs
● Washington State Labor Council – connection to problem solving resources
● Washington Connections – one stop website for benefits