The Stand

State offers assistance paying for child care

Find out if you qualify, apply, and identify a unionized provider near you


The following is from SEIU 925:

(Oct. 26, 2021) — Are you struggling to find — or afford — child care? You may be eligible for help with the cost.

Working Connections Child Care (WCCC) is a Washington state program that helps families pay for child care. High-quality child care can help set up your children for success in kindergarten and beyond. Eligibility is based on your family’s monthly income. If you qualify, the state will pay for the cost of your child’s care at a licensed family home or center.

(Download and share this flier in English or Spanish.)

Eligibility requirements:

●  The child must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
●  The family must live in Washington state.
●  Parents will need to be working — if you are a full-time student at a community, technical or tribal college, you may be exempt from this requirement.

How to apply:

●  Contact the Child Care Subsidy Contact Center at 1-844-626-8687 or apply online here.
●  You will need to provide the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) the following information:

    • Proof of your child’s citizenship and legal residency (via passport, birth certificate, or Social Security number)
    • Household members
    • Household income (via paystubs or other proof)

You can find a unionized child care provider near you at

Short URL:

Posted by on Oct 26 2021. Filed under STATE GOVERNMENT. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed

Log in | Designed by Gabfire themes